Website Package: $1825
Need a new responsive website, on a budget?
We’ll get you online in a week!
We know that money can be tight when you’re working as a solopreneur, an artist, or starting out a new small business or non-profit. You’re probably trying to do everything yourself, including accounting, marketing and getting online. It can be overwhelming. And some important things may get deferred longer than they should be.
If creating a new website is on your to do list, we can help you put a giant check-mark by it within a few weeks! If you can make time up front to pull together the content, we can get you online IN A WEEK for just $1825 + GST.
What you need to prepare…
- write the content for up to 8 pages of your website (in a Word document)
- locate high-resolution files of any photos you want included (at least 1000 x 1000 pixels)
- locate a vector graphic file of your logo (if you have a logo)
- choose stock photos from our stock photo supplier
Here’s how it works…
- We help you over the phone to buy a domain and hosting.
- We purchase up to 15 photos of your choice from our stock photo account.
- We install and configure your new WordPress website.
- We install a contact form on your site.
- We can create a Google Analytics account if you don’t yet have one.
- We install a code snippet to allow Google Analytics to monitor activity on your site.
- We enter and format up to 8 pages of text that you prepared up front. (Extra pages can be requested for $50 – $100/page, depending on complexity.)
- If you wish, we can set up blogging for you and allow the public to comment on your posts.
- If you wish, we can install a simple donate button, such as those offered by PayPal, Stripe, Square and CanadaHelps, assuming you already have an account with that payment processor.
- We incorporate your photos and logo into the site.
- We customize the fonts and colours on your website to coordinate with your logo and/or photographs.
- If you need your website to link to other online applications, we can integrate buttons into your website.
- We launch your website.
- We provide you with one two-hour training session on how to maintain your website. This is done by Zoom, and the session is recorded and put online in a password-protected place, so you can access it in future to remind yourself how to do things.
- You can add new pages – as many as you want – yourself after launch and training.
- You get the option to purchase hourly support packages from us in the future.
What’s Not Included
- Annual domain and hosting costs ($95 – $120/year).
- Written documentation on how to maintain the website yourself.
- Additional plugins or ecommerce features.
- Additional modification of the theme you choose (other than font and colours).
Is this Package for Me?
‘Website in a Week’ is suitable for those who need to share information (up to 8 pages) on their website. It’s not designed to support eCommerce and other highly interactive activities.
The package is suitable for:
- Start-up ventures which are ‘testing the market’ with a new product or service.
- Organizations that need to create a website quickly for a tradeshow or other time-sensitive event.
- Small businesses, solopreneurs and non-profits working with budget constraints.
- Organizations that need to replace an existing website that is either broken or outdated style-wise. (We can take the content and any suitably sized images direct from your existing website, saving you on preparation time.)
- Anyone who is thinking “I just need a website. Something simple, attractive and reliable.”
To keep this product affordable, we always use the same WordPress theme: a theme whose fonts, colours, photos and home page layout can be customized to reflect your organization and the content you want to share.
To keep the website easy for you to maintain, we use the WordPress Classic editor, which works like Microsoft Word. This editor does not support complicated layouts; however, it has the advantage of a quick learning curve. (Also, complicated layouts can require a lot of time testing and debugging new pages to make sure they work on various mobile devices.)
Here are example websites that we’ve created with this theme:
Small Business Websites
Ready to Start?
Contact us to book a week in our schedule… or if you have questions. We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.
You’ll need to pay a 50% deposit to have a week of our time put aside. Then you just write those 8 pages and choose your 6 stock photos before the Monday when we start. By Friday evening of that week, your new site will be live!